Have you tried any of Cellucor’s pre-workout supplements? Cellucor currently has four different pre-workout options available: C4 Extreme, M5 Extreme 2-in-1, N-Zero Extreme, and NO3 Chrome. The first three are stimulant-based pre-workout supplements (the first two also include creatine in the formula) with the last one being both stimulant-free and creatine-free. NO3 Chrome is a “Nitric Oxide Pump Amplifier” supplement that comes in pill (capsule) form. Mainly, NO3 Chrome comes in either a 90-capsule or 180-capsule bottle – although, I have seen a 21-capsule bottle offered on some website.
The recommended dosage is based on your weight and/or if you are stacking it with other Cellucor supplements; here is what Cellucor recommends you take 60 to 90 minutes before workout:
|Stacking with other Cellucor pre-workout||3|
|Body weight is less than or equal to 160lbs||3|
|Body weight between 161lbs and 180lbs||4|
|Body weight between 181lbs and 200lbs||5|
|Body weight 201lbs or greater||6|
Initial Thoughts – Summary
After reviewing NO3 Chrome, I have mixed feelings about this supplement. Overall, I found no negative side effects when using it, but the supplement retails for about $50 for the 90-capsule bottle and $100 for the 180-capsule bottle, so this falls outside of many people’s price range. If I was to rate this product on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being super great and 1 being really terrible), I’d give this a solid 7.5 or maybe 8 on a good day.
When Should I Buy NO3 Chrome?
- You are a bodybuilding who is currently using C4 Extreme, M5 Extreme 2-in-1, or N-Zero Extreme and want an added boast (amplifying your current pump).
- You have been taking stimulant-based pre-workout supplements for a little while, and you are looking to take a break (from stimulants) in order to reset your body and avoid the plateau.
- You are somebody who is really sensitive to stimulants but is still looking for (and needing/needing) a pre-workout supplement in order to optimize your workout results!
When Should I Buy a Different Cellucor Pre-workout Supplement?
- You are looking for a stimulant-based pre-workout supplement.
- You are on a small budget and are pondering whether to buy one pre-workout supplement that costs a little bit more or to buy something like C4 Extreme and some post-workout protein!
- You are looking for something that will give you the same kick and feeling as a Jack3d, 1MR, or C4 Extreme.
Overall, I do like this product, but I would recommend it mainly when you are looking to cycle off stimulants (and stimulant-based pre-workout supplements) and when you want to amplify a Cellucor pre-workout supplement like M5 Extreme 2-in-1! I’d love to hear what you think about NO3 Chrome. Are you getting great results from it? Is it worth the investment for you?